Information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be issued at a rapid pace. In order to stay up to date and access accurate information, employers are encouraged to utilize the below links. We will continue to update this page with new infomation throughout this crisis
Webinar series on Coronavirus:
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for more information on the coronavirus, including the resources below:
Visit the Occupational Safety and Health Administration website for interim guidance on preventing exposures and infection:
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
Other Information, Policies and Guidelines shared by ABC Alabama Members
Best Practices gathered from ABC Alabama Safety Committee
- Employ a “Sanitizing Crew” to go around all day long wiping down commonly-touched areas such as elevator buttons, light switches, door knobs, etc.. Of course, this crew has to be protected with proper PPE.
- Limit how many people can be in an elevator at one time.
- Postponing training, such as 1-on-1 coaching in the cab of equipment and classroom-style instruction.
- One supervisor is communicating to employees from a truck tailgate and keeping 6’ between people.
- Replacement operators no longer have face-to-face contact at shift change time—but instead have the off-going shift scrub down their equipment and area and leave operational and maintenance notes on a white board or in a log for the next shift.
- Eliminate travel and replace it with virtual meetings and emails, and phone calls/ conference calls (for reaching a larger audience)
- Information—OHC and others offer updated COVID-19 prevention tips constantly.
- Use gloves when you fuel your vehicle.
- Jobsite Handwash Station
ABC Safety Commitee Meeting Archives
As part of ABC's mission to help members develop people, win work and deliver that work safely, ethically, profitably and for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work, we offer member- and partner-developed safety resources free of charge for use by the construction industry.
Our goal is to send every construction industry employee home in the same--or better--condition--than which they arrived. The resources below have been developed by ABC members and partners. This webpage and its' resources are continuously evolving--check back often for new resources generously provided by members and partners.
* While these resources have been reviewed and proven effective, the end user assumes all liability when employing them in a manner other than that designated by the resource.
ABC Alabama Safety Committee Meeting Presentation Archives
March 13, 2020 - David Riddle, 3M Fall Protection